CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Week in Pictures and Links

Before I begin with pics of this week's centers and activities, I wanted to show you my President's Day quilt.  I love it every year!
President's Day art quilt


 
Building Real and Nonsense Words after listening to Cat in the Hat
Mats from Ingles360
Recording sheet from Growing Kinders










My Heart Word reading center
Students sound out nonsense words (Julie Lee)
Review the blue cards with sight words already taught
Read the Book 3 times
Write the new word 6 times
Read  trade books with sight words (especially it)


Our Starfall Center on short o sound


Write The Room Seuss style
From Camp Kindergarten


A Rhyming Book from Kim Adsit


Practicing addition with objects
Completing workbook pages from our program


Counting 11-20
Mats from  Ingles360

We will also be making a Cat in the Hat art project
 (I will add to the post tomorrow)
Then on Friday,  I'm teaming up with 2 other AM kindergarten teachers for 3 rotations about Dr. Seuss.  Then we end the day with a special visit from our past Principal who will dress up like The Cat in the Hat and read to the kids.  Each child also brings in a stuffed animal and a favorite book.


Oh Yeah and I will also be doing assessments throughout the week! Fun!

Please share your thoughts and comments if you saw soemthing you liked.  Thanks!


14 comments:

Unknown

Love the quilt and your stations look great!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Anonymous

Hi Cindy,
Thank you for the great ideas! I will be incorporating them this week!!! I cannot wait to see your craft! I love the variety and creativity you put into each center!
Have fun!
Chris

Mary Ellen

I am a new teacher. I was wondering how your kiddos know what to do in each station? I have a few stations that stay the same but I struggle with how often to change out station activities and how to model or teach the new activities. Your insight or advice is appreciated.

Freckleteacher

Thank you Jennifer and Chris! You are always so nice to me! I really appreciate your comments. I will take a photo of the easy craft tomorrow. Basically I bought already made Cat in the Hat die cuts and we are gluing them on white paper. Then I will do a directed drawing of the face in black pen. I will cut around the project and mount it on black. Easy!

Mary Ellen, I will post about how I do my centers very soon. There are so many ways to do them and I have tried a lot of different systems over the years. Nothing is really perfect, but I like the way I have them set-up for the most part. My students really like it and they get to do a lot of "hands-on" acivities. Thanks so much for asking!

Mary Ellen

Cindy, I can't wait to read your tips! I have read Debbie Diller but then I see so many cute themed activities on TPT and go crazy lol. Definitely need some experienced advice.

Analia

I am so glad you find my resources useful!
thanks for sharing!
Ana
Ingles360

Analia

By the way..do you have an email to contact you?
or you can contact me at ingles360@yahoo.com.ar
thanks!
Ana

Mrs. Andrews

I just gave you a sweet little award for all that you do, stop by my blog to grab it!

Kaleigh's Klassroom

Andrea Brown - Cheers To School

Hi! your blog is so cute and I'm your newest follower. Your Dr. Seuss is filled with lots of excitement!

Andrea
Cheers to School

Michelle Rist

So many GREAT ideas! Thank you for sharing!

I have an award for you on my blog. If you have time come check it out!

sandinmyshoes

Saw your post on the lesson plan diva's site about the Dental Health Song. Would you be willing to share? Thanks!

Giggles and Squeals

I just left you an award... come check it out!

Mary

so many great ideas! Love the suess cover up game

Mary
Sharing Kindergarten

Freckleteacher

I will happily post the Dental Health song!
song to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat"

Brush, brush, brush your teeth
brush them everyday
Happy, healthy teeth you'll have
if it's done this way

Floss, floss, floss your teeth
floss them everyday
using the string to clean between
helps keep the plaque away!

Post a Comment

http://kindergartenfreckleteacher.blogspot.com/